Friday, December 24, 2010

One More Distraction Returns On Christmas Eve -- YAY!!!


In just a few hours, an old friend will be returning to my place:  my TV!!!

Hopefully, I'll still be able to get things done such as writing my book, organizing my life, and so on and so forth--but I'm sure that I'll be spending time relaxing and watching those wonderful holiday movies that are on here, there, and everywhere at this time of year.

Two out of  twenty-five of  The 25 Days Of Christmas isn't bad.

I'm not sure how many months ago it was when I came into the living room and noticed that the TV wasn't on.

I'll generally have it on something like CNN when I'm not watching anything in particular and just popping into the living room occasionally when taking a break from The Internet.  This way, I can catch something of interest that might be going on.

Anyway, that one day (I think it was still summer when this happened), I came in and saw that the screen was dark.  I tried to turn it back on using the remote.  After that, I tried to turn it back on using a power button on the back right side of my set.  Nothing.

"Nothing" also pretty much described the contents of my bank account at the time, so I knew that I wouldn't be getting this appliance fixed for quite awhile.

Even when my bank account wasn't bone-dry, there were other things needing attention, so my TV was put on the back burner--or should I say, my TV remained where it was but was either hibernating or totally-dead.

I decided that I wanted to watch at least some of the wonderful Christmas movies that are shown at this time of year, so I worked getting the TV fixed into my budget.

It was supposed to have been, possibly, fixed as early as Monday--and Wednesday at the latest.

Of course, this would be under normal circumstances.

During the holiday season, mail and shipments take more time.

The part finally arrived sometime Thursday afternoon--from Georgia.  Glad it wasn't coming from China or I might be waiting until after the first of the year.

It should be delivered by or before five on Christmas Eve.

Even though the ABC Family Channel's 25 Days Of Christmas is just that:  25 days, there will still be plenty of Christmas movies being aired on various channels (including ABC Family Channel) through at least the end of the year, and, at times, even beyond.

This year, everybody getting snail-mail Christmas cards is going to be getting them after Christmas, but that's okay.  December 25 is actually the first day of Christmas, and the celebration goes on through The Twelfth Night.

Even during this time of financial and health struggles, we still have a lot to be thankful for, and this is the time when we're, once more, reminded of the glad tidings brought to our planet in the form of a newborn baby who would grow up to be unforgettable!!!