Saturday, March 5, 2011

The First Weekend Of March 2011
Saturday Afternoon


It's the first Saturday in March of 2011 (which is the second day of the first weekend taking place in March of 2011).

It looks as if it's going to be mostly a working weekend, but--for the sake of my health (both physical and emotional)--I'm going to include spontaneous play space as well.

I'm not talking about the chosen work of my profession (writing), even though my writing talents will be coming in handy.  This has to do with finishing putting together a report (subject matter is confidential and doesn't really matter when it comes to this blog-entry) that was "supposed" to have been delivered to the ones asking for it by February 24.  Weather, health, and lack of information that I was needing made this unrealistic, but I contacted everybody to let them know that they would be getting it in the mail no later than the first week in March.  Another delay in getting information (now in-hand) coupled with health and weather issues has now brought me to a final time of closure:  reports in the mail a.s.a.p. on Monday.

For personal reasons, I've not really felt good about doing this activity, but I've never purposely played games in the form of delay.  My choice would have been to be over and done with everything long before now so that I could get on with my own life without this "responsibility" hanging over me.

There are still some loose ends that will need to be tied up later this month, but I still have enough for my report, and that's all that matters.  In fact, I have MORE than enough!

I find myself thinking ahead to later on Monday when I celebrate with a good meal and some me time without this looming over me--as well as to the next day when the celebration continues with a mother/daughter pizza picnic.

However, in order to earn the free-and-released feelings that both my mom and I want to experience next week, there's work to be done over this weekend in order to get us there.

This is also a weekend for thinking about what works for me with other parts of my life.  I keep crazy writer's hours (because I'm a crazy writer), but I'm taking steps to where (with only minimum deviation) my medication times are (Eastern time) eleven in the morning and nine at night as opposed to having a two hour stretch of anytime between eleven in the morning and one in the afternoon with a half-hour deviation time on each side of it.  For this reason, my purse will always contain a bottle of water and a day's dose of my meds and supplements that have been pre-packaged into sandwich bags identified as Day and Night.

One of these days, I'm going to write a blog-entry about my purse system.  That's right!  I don't just have a purse.  I have a purse system that I'm still in the process of honing.

I'm also working out my latest scheduling of bandaging.

Oh yes!  Before I sound like I need to be in a nursing home or something, I guess I'd better explain my current health issues.

I take the 81mg of aspirin each day to make it less likely that I would suffer a heart-attack.  It's not a 100% guarantee, but it's a step in the right direction.  I also need to be working on my weight.  While I refuse to go along with the brainwashing that I need to fit into a size three (or even less) in order to be "acceptable" (whatever THAT is), I know that I would feel a lot better and would be better displaying my wonderful bone structure if I would take off a couple hundred pounds, give or take.  My ideal weight area is somewhere between 125 and 135 with my absolutely ideal weight being 128 lbs.  That is, if I get below 125 lbs., it's time to work on gaining some weight, and, if I get above 135 lbs., it's time to take a little off before I let it get away.

My prescription drugs consist of two kinds of blood-pressure medication, and my other (besides the aspirin) OTC pills and caplets are supplements.

I guess my overall health isn't too bad for an obese lady who has been around for over 58 years.  I'm near-sighted and have one birth-defect in the form of a right trick-knee.

Then, of course, there's my lymphedema, which explains my need to wrap my legs.  I'll be telling more about how I ended up deteriorating into this condition; finally, getting help for it when a three-bug infection from it became life-threatening; and how I'm managing now in the book I've been writing since forever that I hope to have finished before the end of the month.

I'm currently experimenting with different wrapping/bandaging schedules in hopes of finding out what works best to both keep me healthy and to give me the least restrictive quality of life under the circumstances.  I'm hoping that being wrapped for between two or three days at a time and being unwrapped on the same or similar schedule will be doable for me.

This will be especially desired once I get my walk-in shower installed, expand my wardrobe beyond dusters, and start resuming more of my normal activities.

But, for now, it's Saturday, March 5, 2011, and my weekend has its work cut out for me...