Saturday, April 2, 2011

Gathering My Thoughts Together...

Have decided to gather my thoughts together over the next several hours.  It's now Wednesday, March 30, at 11:40 a.m.

I'm getting sick and tired of some of Facebook's antics such as how it has been doing everything from truncating some of my posts to not letting me post them to bouncing so that my mouse will land on a link to some kind of commercial instead of where I had originally pointed it.  This morning, I woke up, came in here, and found at least one pornographic site in my line-up with one of them being in my open window.  No telling how long that blasted thing had been there.  Makes me wonder if my reputation is still intact.  At least, it was adults.  11:45 a.m.

It's now snowing outside.  I think that it's just blowing around in the air instead of sticking.  I was thinking that it was supposed to get up to 48 degrees today.  11:47 a.m.

It has turned out to be a snow day today--as in one more day to simply stay in.  Tomorrow will, hopefully, be a day to get out and do everything that I've been promising myself and others to get done that requires going out.  3:02 p.m.

I've just made up the cutest invitation to join tagvillage as referred by me.  Even though I've just made a link right here to get to the same place (by clicking on the hyperlinked name right here in this paragraph), I hope that you'll still check out my invitation, as I think it's very cute.  Click here to do this!  Anyway you decide to do this will be fine by me, as both links will, eventually, get you to the same amazing place.  The only difference is that the first link cuts to the chase while the second one takes you on a cute rinky-dink! 3:58 p.m.

I just love the Cheap Imitation Crystal Ball!  It brings out the creative juices in me! 4:13 p.m.

The snow seems to have stopped, but it's too late to think about going out, and it's good to stay in today anyway and try to play a little catch-up.  The mail has been piling up in our mailbox.  Tomorrow, we'll find out who has written to us between now and the last time we checked it--which I believe was Saturday.  It's hard to believe that it's almost April.  Hopefully, we will have enough warm and dry days that Michelle and her crew can start doing my renovations before all of the critters that are supposed to be outdoors decide to take over the indoors any more than they already have.  4:17 p.m.

Big tag hunt going on over at tagvillage now.  I think I'm warm.  However, I don't think that I'll be missing much if I get away from here for awhile and watch the last 20 minutes of Touched By An Angel.  10:40 p.m.

Found a really interesting item in my e-mail from Kim Smith and decided to adapt it to being placed as a blog-entry.  Click here to read it.  It's all very interesting, and there are several bits of trivia that will really get you to thinking. 5:30 a.m.

Here at 5:31 a.m., I'm letting you know that it's now March 31.

I see that Facebook is up to its stupid tricks again!  Next time the powers-that-be decide to improve the site, make sure that they end up with an improvement instead of a train-wreck!!! (This is the status I left at FB a few minutes ago after finding that parts of it had disappeared.)  April Fool's Day 5:30 a.m.

Isn't that interesting!?!  Twenty-four hours exactly passed between one post and another.  One more thing (in case you haven't already suspected) what's now going on over at Facebook isn't part of an April Fool joke.  It's just everyday life that has resulted from all of those blasted "improvements" that they're always making over there. Anyway, I'm up bright and early with the anticipation of a very full day.  Yesterday, I finished Uncle Tom's Classroom, paid a bill, got some money out of the bank, and just had fun getting out.  5:35 a.m.

Had a great April Fool's Day.  After puttering around here for awhile, I went out to breakfast at Nick's out on State Road 32 (a.k.a. Nichol Avenue) I have all of the particulars on the place now.  At one time, it was open 24/7.  It's hours are now from six in the morning until ten at night, and breakfast is served from six until noon.  Pizza and donuts are served anytime--even at six in the morning, so you can have pizza for breakfast if you wish.  The last time that I was there, I had a pancake, a side each of bacon and sausage patties, and some orange juice.  I went out to have the same thing again, only, this time, adding some hash browns to the mix.  However, they didn't have the pancake mix, so I ordered the other items.  Turns out that they had played an unintentional April Fool's Day joke, as they had the pancake mix after all, so I got everything--and I was even given three pancakes instead of two, so you can imagine that I wasn't all that hungry for the rest of the day, though I was still able to put away a yummy sundae at The Hot Spot a few hours later with Pinky.  My final chow down was out at TJ's where I had a Chicago dog, chips & dip (both homemade), and lemonade.  Got the 10% off rainy day special, as this was one of the times when an April shower visited an otherwise sunny day!  Oops!  Almost forgot!  Had Zinszer's new cookie of the month (Oatmeal Scotchie),which didn't disappoint in the least!  My mom was with me during this part of the day (late afternoon) and we had a goodie bag made up for our special and helpful friend, Charlie.  Then, I dropped her off at home after taking her to pick up some groceries.  You might say that, as a whole, April Fool's Day turned out to be April Food Day--though I also did other things such as stopping by St. John's Medical Supplies to pick up items needed for wrapping my legs.  Will tell you about that as soon as I eat a little something and take my morning meds.  Saturday, April 2 at 11:13 a.m.

I think I'll go ahead and post this and continue sharing my thoughts in the next blog-entry that I'm going to start right away and finish sometime tomorrow...9:49 p.m.